The Fund is administered for contributing members in the Construction Industry in Zimbabwe by appointed Trustees made up of equal representatives of employees and employers in the sector. There is a secretariat in place which runs the day to day operations of the Fund.
The Board of Trustees shall consist of nine (9) persons who shall hold office for a period of at most five years and will be eligible for re-election subject to a maximum of two terms. Of the eight trustees, the participating employers must elect four trustees two of whom shall be independent and the other four shall be elected by the employees and pensioners and two of whom shall also be independent. The elected Trustees shall not be members of National Employment Council of Construction Industry in Zimbabwe. The Board of Trustees shall be led by an independent Chairperson who will have been appointed by Board of Trustees of the Fund.
The CIPF Board of Trustees mandate among other duties is to:
1. Ensure that there are proper internal control which are adhered by or on behalf of the Board
2. Ensure proper record keeping and management of the Fund
3. Ensure that the Rules and regulations of the Fund comply with the Pensions and Provident Funds Act.
4. Ensure that there is proper information dissemination to all members of CIPF concerning their rights, duties and benefits in terms of the CIPF Rules
5. Ensure that pension contributions are remitted timeously to the Fund in terms of the Pensions and Provident Funds Act.